Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Why don’t astronomers see UFOs? If there are indeed unidentified aerial phenomena in our skies, shouldn’t the scientists tasked with watching the stars see them more often? In truth, some astronomers actually have seen UFOs… although many, if not most, are fairly dismissive of the idea that intelligently controlled objects of unknown origin are coasting around in our skies.
That’s not the case with Chris Impey, a University Distinguished Professor of Astronomy and Associate Dean of the College of Science at the University of Arizona. Impey is a past Vice President of the American Astronomical Society and is also the author of the book Talking About Life, which explores what is arguably the greatest question of all: are we alone in the universe? However, this week Professor Impey joins us to talk about another topic: unidentified aerial phenomena, and why he believes more scientists should be studying this mystery, on this week’s edition of The Micah Hanks Program.
The story doesn’t end here… become an X Subscriber and get access to even more weekly content and monthly specials.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Want to advertise/sponsor The Micah Hanks Program?
We have partnered with the fine folks at Gumball to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is click the link below to get started:
Gumball: Advertise with The Micah Hanks Program
If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Blue Origin set for historic first human flight of its New Shepard system
- Hubble returns to science operations on backup payload computer
- Curiosity rover discovers that evidence of past life on Mars may have been erased
- Moon’s ‘wobble’ could lead to higher flooding on coasts, NASA says
- What would happen if the moon were twice as close to Earth?
- IMPEY: Why this astronomer says Pentagon UFO report was actually good for science
- The Official Website of Professor Chris Impey
- Talking About Life: Conversations on Astrobiology by Chris Impey
- Chris Impey’s Online Courses at Coursera
X Subscriber Sign-Up
BECOME AN X SUBSCRIBER AND GET EVEN MORE GREAT PODCASTS AND MONTHLY SPECIALS FROM MICAH HANKS.
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitterby