Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
This week on The Micah Hanks Program, as we look back on another year we cover stories in the news of mysterious archaeological discoveries, interspecies communication, and breakthroughs in space and astronomy. Then getting to listener emails, Micah gives his take on one pilot’s story of a strange group of lights observed in early November, and what they might be; we also touch on the developing story of unusual drones that Colorado residents have recently seen flying by night, which have many residents and others concerned about who may be operating them.
We then turn our attention toward some of the biggest stories not just of the last year, but of the last decade as we head into the 2020s. Landmark breakthroughs in physics, genetics, and other areas of science are paving the way toward a world of tomorrow unlike many would have dreamed just decades ago… but are we necessarily better for it? Chief among many forecasts for the 2020s are continuing developments in the field of artificial intelligence, which are certain to make the world of tomorrow a “brave new world” indeed.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- Dehydrated Koala Desperately Flags Down Cyclist For Help
- Archaeologists discover remains of vast Mayan palace in Mexico
- Lewis stone circle has star-shaped lightning strike
- Christina Koch to Become the First Woman to Stay in Space for the Longest Timespan
- Betelgeuse Looks Fainter Than Usual. Could It Mean It’s About to Go Supernova?
- Starlink Satellites Produce Wave of UFO Sightings in the US
- A Big And Bizarre Drone Mystery Is Unfolding In Rural Colorado
- LiveScience: The 10 Biggest Science Stories of the Decade
- Russia deploys Avangard hypersonic missile system
- The 2020s: 20 science and tech predictions for the new decade
- As robots take over warehousing, workers pushed to adapt
- In the 2020s, human-level A.I. will arrive, and finally pass the Turing test
- The Myth of a Superhuman AI
- Stephen Pinker on the Future, AI, and Existential Concerns
- The Year UFOs Became a Little More Legit
BECOME AN X SUBSCRIBER AND GET EVEN MORE GREAT PODCASTS AND MONTHLY SPECIALS FROM MICAH HANKS.
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagramby