They represent one of the greatest architectural wonders of all time… and are among the most enduring mysteries of the ancient world. The pyramids at Giza were an engineering marvel when they were erected thousands of years ago, and even today scholars and laymen alike continue to ask questions about these enigmatic ancient monuments and their construction.
This week on The Micah Hanks Program we explore the mysteries of the Giza pyramids, from the earliest ancient accounts to modern attempts at replicating their construction methods. We examine both the “alternative” speculations about their design and purpose, as well as archaeological views and the efforts of modern engineers toward unraveling the mysteries of the most famous monuments the world has ever known.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Want to advertise/sponsor The Micah Hanks Program?
We have partnered with the fine folks at Gumball to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is click the link below to get started:
If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Hubble telescope’s bigger, more powerful successor to soar
- Bits of asteroid Ryugu are among ‘most primordial’ materials ever examined
- Why did ancient Egyptian pharaohs stop building pyramids?
- THE PYRAMIDS: Historical Accounts of the Great Pyramid
- Herodotus’s account of how the pyramids were built
- The Herodotus Machine
- A modern story of how the pyramids were built
- The simple way Egyptians moved massive pyramid stones without modern technology
- Did slippery sand help Egyptians build the pyramids?
X Subscriber Sign-Up
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Keep up with Micah and his work at micahhanks.com.by