In December 1967, Maryellen Kelley felt an electric shock go through her body as she stood outside her home in Mohomet, Illinois, watching an orange UFO pass overhead. She was later stricken with a headache, and the skin on her hands, face, and legs reddened as if burned. In October 1973, trucker Eddie Webb was blinded for several days after a bright light struck him while driving along a stretch of highway in eastern Missouri late one night. In May 1967, prospector Stephan Michalak was blasted by hot air or gas as he approached a strange, landed aircraft, which suddenly shot into the sky.
In each of the UFO cases described here, witnesses claimed to have suffered strange physical effects in the aftermath of their encounters. However, there is perhaps no incident in the history of UFO research that involves physical effects suffered by witnesses more well known than the famous Cash Landrum affair, involving two Texas women who developed a number of odd symptoms following a nighttime encounter with a bright, hovering object outside of Dayton, Texas. But what to odd incidents like these help us learn about the unidentified aircraft described by such witnesses, and do they offer any clues about the technologies behind them? We explore these questions this week on The Micah Hanks Program.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- Historic Moon Landing Footage Has Been Enhanced by AI, And The Results Are Incredible
- Don’t miss Comet NEOWISE in the evening sky now. It won’t be back for 6,800 years
- Weird country-size ‘campfires’ on the sun revealed in closest-ever photos
- Scientists Discover “Vantablack” Deep-Sea Creatures
- ‘National security risk’: Rubio seeks declassification of UFO secrets
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.by