Do some children possess the ability to recall memories that fall beyond their own living experience? If so, where do these memories come from, and could they be related to phenomena recognized by various cultures throughout history such as reincarnation, which involves the idea of the rebirth of a soul into a new body?
Joining us to discuss scientific efforts to evaluate such claims and understand their possible relationship to the enduring mysteries of the human mind and consciousness is Jim B. Tucker, Ph.D., a child psychologist with the University of Virginia Division of Perceptual Studies, and author of the book Before: Children’s Memories of Previous Lives. We examine the controversial notion that some children may have recollections about life events lived by others on this week’s edition of The Micah Hanks Program.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Want to advertise/sponsor The Micah Hanks Program?
We have partnered with the fine folks at Gumball to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is click the link below to get started:
If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- UFOs: ‘Truth embargo’: UFOs are suddenly all the talk in Washington
- BOSTON U: UFOs Aren’t Visitors from Space, Government Says. Can We be Sure?
- SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN: Experts Weigh In on Pentagon UFO Report
- FREE WILL: Neuroscience doesn’t undermine free will after all
- BRAIN CHANGE: Neuroscientists Have Discovered a Phenomenon That They Can’t Explain
- CONSCIOUSNESS: What Is Consciousness? Is the Universe Conscious?
- JIM B. TUCKER, Ph.D: Dr. Tucker’s Bio at the University of Virginia Website
- THE BOOK: Before: Children’s Memories of Previous Lives
X Subscriber Sign-Up
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitterby