This week on The Gralien Report, a mysterious and ancient life form was recently discovered in a swamp in North Carolina, which causes us to wonder about other claims of odd animal life from the area in years past. We also look at recent news in the way of ancient mysteries, which includes a check in with geoarchaeologist Christopher Moore, who presents new findings from South America in relation to an ancient impact that might have occurred over the Americas. Finally, what is the deepest hole ever dug by humankind, and how is it related to an odd recording that appeared on late-night radio many years ago?
In the second hour, we turn our attention to a recent incident which occurred along the Appalachian Trail, which reminds Micah of a personal experience he had many years ago in our National Forests, as well as famous disappearances that have occurred there. However, when it comes to unusual cases of missing persons, there is perhaps none more famous than the disappearance aviator Amelia Earhart. However, what led one group of investigators to describe an unusual lead in the disappearance with the codename “Nessie”? We look at all this, and more on this week’s Gralien Report Podcast.
Here are links to stories covered on this week’s podcast:
- In NC swamp, researcher finds tree older than Christianity
- Hams Help Trace “Mystery” Signal Disrupting Keyless Entry Devices in Ohio
- French village offers reward to anyone who can decode ‘mystery’ rock inscription
- King Tut’s Sisters Took the Throne Before He Did, Controversial Claim Says
- The deepest hole we have ever dug
- Man arrested in deadly machete attack on Appalachian Trail hikers
- Was Earhart’s Plane Wreckage Photographed in 1937?