At the height of the Cold War, the entire world was on edge. Desperate times often lead to desperate measures, and during this tense period, the Central Intelligence Agency began a program aimed at testing to see if the human mind could be controlled. They aspired to become “mind hackers,” and the program that resulted was Project MK Ultra, one of the most notorious endeavors ever undertaken by an agency within the U.S. government.
This week, we go in-depth into the history of the program, its operations, and the personalities behind the CIA’s illegal quest to hack the human mind… all this, and more on this edition of The Micah Hanks Program.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Want to advertise/sponsor our show?
We have partnered with the fine folks at AdvertiseCast to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is email email@example.com or click the link below to get started:
AdvertiseCast: Advertise with The Micah Hanks Program
If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- Bright Flash Lights up Dark Skies Over Parts of Eastern US
- Egypt unveils 59 ancient coffins in major archaeological find
- Evidence of a cat recognizing and mimicking human behavior
- Dinosaur feather study debunked
- Strange alien planet has weird orbit and scorching temperatures
- THE MIND HACKERS: MK-Ultra: A Brief History
- “The Cia Chemist Who Sought The Secrets Of Mind Control.”
- Huge C.I.A. Operation Reported in U.S. Against Antiwar Forces, Other Dissidents In Nixon Years
- President Gerald R. Ford’s Executive Order 11905: United States Foreign Intelligence Activities
- C.I.A.; What Did the C.I.A. Do to His Father?
- O.S.S. Exhibition Catalogue
X Subscriber Sign-Up
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.by