In November 2006, something odd appeared in the late afternoon skies above one of the world’s busiest airports.
More than a decade later, no simple explanation exists for what had been observed by a crew staff at O’Hare International Airport, which was described by those who saw it as a circular or disc-shaped object hovering over Gate C17. The story has become one of the most widely-discussed and often cited cases in modern times involving a multiple-witness observation of unidentified aerial phenomena, and has been cited in countless books and articles on the UFO subject. This week on The Micah Hanks Program, we reopen the case files on the Chicago O’Hare UFO Incident and look at its implications for aviation safety.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Mystery of Interstellar Visitor ‘Oumuamua Gets Trickier
- FDA Authorizes Convalescent Plasma As Emergency Treatment For COVID-19
- First ever double hurricane could hit the Gulf of Mexico
- The O’Hare UFO Incident
- PRELUDE: The Truth Is Out There: Peter Davenport takes UFO reports seriously
- ORIGINAL NUFORC REPORT: National UFO Reporting Center Entry for O’Hare Sighting
- HISTORY: Chicago O’Hare International Airport UFO sighting occurred on November 7, 2006
- Chicago Tribune: In the sky! A bird? A plane? A … UFO?
- FAA SKEPTICS: FAA skeptical of UFO report at O’Hare
- NARCAP INVESTIGATES: “Report of a UAP and its Safety Implications over Chicago O’Hare”
- WRAP: UFO Sightings Pose Danger to Aviation
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.by