On December 9, 1965, residents in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and several other states, as well as Canada, observed a strange ball of fire streaking through the afternoon sky. Various reports indicated locations where the object was believed to have fallen, with the majority of them centering in on the rural community of Kecksburg in southwestern Pennsylvania. But what was the object, and what actually happened later that night as the U.S. military went in search of it?
This week, following news and an analysis of the long-lost Calvine UFO photograph from Scotland, we reopen the case files on the Kecksburg incident. Was there really an object recovered, and why did NASA lose its files on its investigation? Or is there another explanation for the event entirely? We explore all these questions and more this week on The Micah Hanks Program.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Want to advertise/sponsor The Micah Hanks Program?
We have partnered with the fine folks at Gumball to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is click the link below to get started:
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Particle Physicists Puzzle Over a New Duality
- The Big Bang didn’t happen – Eric Lerner
- Has a Superintellect Monkeyed With Our Universe’s Physics?
- Consciousness Mystery Could Be Solved By This Compelling New Physics Theory
- CALVINE UFO PHOTO: Revealed After 32 Years: The ‘Most Spectacular UFO Photo Ever Captured’
- BACKGROUND: David Clarke’s Summer 2021 Case Files: Calvine UFO Photographs.
- MORE FROM 7/31/21: The UFO that Never Was?: the Calvine Photographs.
- THE LATEST: The Calvine UFO photograph – revealed – Dr. David Clarke
- SKEPTICS WEIGH IN: Claim: Original Calvine UFO Photo
- Calvine UFO Photo – Reflection In Water Hypothesis
- THE KECKSBURG INCIDENT
- Newspaper Reports: “Countians See Mystery ‘Fireball’.” Beaver County Times. Dec 10, 1965.
- “Unidentified Flying Object Falls Near Kecksburg.” Tribune-Review (County Edition).
- “UFO Starts Many Fires.” The Spokesman Review. Spokane, Washington. Vol. 83, No 210. 10 Dec 1965.
- “Scientists Says Object Was Not a Meteorite.” The Amarillo Globe-Times. Amarillo, Texas. 16 Dec 1965
- “Dazzling Light Flashing in Sky Sets Off Rumors.” The Daily News. Lebanon, Pennsylvania. 10 Dec 1965.
- Project Blue Book: USAF’S Project Bluebook File on Kecksburg
- Royal Astronomical Society of Canada: RASC Article on Meteor Sighting
- Stan Gordon’s Perspective: Kecksburg Incident and Updates – Stan Gordon’s UFO Anomalies Zone
- The Debate is Renewed: Kecksburg UFO debate renewed | TribLIVE.com
- Kean’s Commentary: International UFO Reporter, 2005
- Oberg’s Analysis: Jim Oberg on the “NASA lawsuit over Kecksburg UFO Documents”
- NASA Update: Cosmos 96 – Spacecraft
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Keep up with Micah and his work at micahhanks.com.by