Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
“The [Senate Intelligence] Committee supports the efforts of the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force at the Office of Naval Intelligence to standardize collection and reporting on unidentified aerial phenomenon, any links they have to adversarial foreign governments, and the threat they pose to U.S. military assets and installations.”
This passage appeared in a recent Senate Intelligence Committee report on an appropriations bill initiated by Florida Senator and former Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio. Although it isn’t the first we have heard about a “multi-agency task force” in government that deals with UFOs, it is certainly the first time Senators have referred to it while calling for an unclassified report on unidentified aerial phenomena, drawing from multiple different branches of government to assess their possible implications and even threat potential. Joining us to discuss this is MJ Banias and Tim McMillan, who reported on the development for Motherboard, who will give us key details about the proposed bill, and whether the public will actually see an unclassified report on UAP in the coming months.
Then for the remainder of the program we are joined by veteran aviation journalist Nick Cook, author of The Hunt for Zero Point. Cook is a Former Senior Aviation Editor of Jane’s Defence Weekly. He is the recipient of four Journalism Awards from the Royal Aeronautical Society in the Defence, Business, Technology, and Propulsion categories, and he shares with us his stories about strange meetings, odd disappearances, and his pursuit for futuristic aerospace technologies over the years.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- Sahara Dust storm highest level in more than 50 years
- Mystery Unmanned Craft Seen Off Florida May Be Secret SHARC Spy Vessel
- Scientists Have Demonstrated Quantum Entanglement on a Tiny Satellite Orbiting Earth
- NASA Says Hubble Observed a “Flapping Shadow” in Distant Space
- Scientists discover spider wearing ‘Joker’ makeup, name it after Joaquin Phoenix
- UAP TASK FORCE: Senate Intelligence Committee Confirms US Navy Has a UFO Task Force
- Chasing the Coyote’s Tail: The Official Blog of Lt. Tim McMillan
- Terra Obscura: MJ Banias Online
- Nick Cook: Author, Storyteller and Speaker (Official Site)
- The Hunt for Zero Point by Nick Cook
BECOME AN X SUBSCRIBER AND GET EVEN MORE GREAT PODCASTS AND MONTHLY SPECIALS FROM MICAH HANKS.
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Visit Micah’s Website and check out Our Podcast Page
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.by