Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
Mysterious sounds of unexplained origin have been documented in places all around the world. Such noises are often likened to thunder-like “booms” or explosions, and although a number of suggestions have been made as to what their causes may be, no conclusive determinations have been made. What are the “mystery booms,” and what kinds of phenomena–natural or otherwise–might account for their occurrence?
On this edition of The Micah Hanks Program, we after news and updates on the discovery of the famous Forrest Fenn treasure (as well as several similar instances of “lost” treasures from over the years), we go in pursuit of answers to the mystery boom phenomenon. While many of the booms have conventional explanations, there may also be instances where natural phenomena can result in loud booms late in the evening or early morning hours. More tantalizing, however, is the idea that some of the booms might be related to unidentified hypersonic aircraft, for which there is a surprising amount of evidence. We look at that, and much more on this week’s episode of The Micah Hanks Program.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- An Italian village might resurface soon after being submerged underwater for 25 years
- Spacex Mars City: Elon Musk Confirms He’s Sticking To Ambitious Launch Date
- Revolutionary microscopy technique sees individual atoms for first time
- Unexplained Phenomena Keep Suggesting the Universe Isn’t What We Thought
- Forrest Fenn treasure chest hidden in Rocky Mountains finally found
- Swarm of earthquakes rattle area near Yellowstone National Park, USGS says
- MYSTERY BOOMS: Supersonic Aircraft and Mystery Booms
- What Is Supersonic Flight? (NASA)
- “Concorde Booms and the Mysterious East Coast Noises” – Acoustics Today
- 2017: Lockheed Martin Claims Responsibility for Mysterious Boom in Parker County
- 2019: Boeing testing aircraft at time of mysterious boom
BECOME AN X SUBSCRIBER AND GET EVEN MORE GREAT PODCASTS AND MONTHLY SPECIALS FROM MICAH HANKS.
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Visit Micah’s Website and check out Our Podcast Page
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.by