Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | More
On the night of March 30, 1990, a Belgian gendarmerie placed a call to the Control Reporting Station at Glons to report a sighting of an unidentified flying object. The craft had three lights that could be seen changing colors from red to yellow to green, and within the hour a pair of F-16s had been dispatched to attempt to intercept the object, in what would become one of the most widely-discussed black triangle UFO incidents of all time.
This week on The Micah Hanks Program, we lead off with news about a stellar alignment that has recently had some stargazers wondering about the planet Venus, as well as how the current pandemic is preventing some astronomers from keeping tabs on the most perplexing object to pass through our planetary neighborhood since the enigmatic ‘Oumuamua. Also, why is the coronavirus being blamed for UFO sightings around the world, especially in Belgium?
The end of March saw the 30th anniversary of one of the highest-profile UFO incidents of the last century, which occurred during a wave of similar black triangle UFO sightings over parts of Belgium. The intercept attempt that unfolded was just one of many such incidents involving large, often triangular-shaped objects that were observed by reputable members of law enforcement and government over Belgium. To this day, the origin of the unusual black triangle UFO craft remains in question, which leaves the events that occurred in Belgium’s airspace among the most unusual—and convincing—in the larger inventory of modern UFO sighting reports. We look back on this unusual series of events and their lasting implications for UFO research, all on this week’s edition of The Micah Hanks Program.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah’s other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- Look up! Venus and Pleiades star cluster are putting on a rare evening show
- COVID-19 Shutdown May Obscure Mysteries of Cracked Interstellar Comet
- Coronavirus to blame for record number of UFO sightings in Belgium
- Elon Musk on making the Starlink Satellite Constellation
- Lambrechts, P. “Report concerning the observation of UFOs in the night from March 30 to March 31, 1990.”
- Leclet, Renaud. THE BELGIAN WAVE OF 1989-1992 A neglected hypothesis.
- Deighton, Ben. “Belgian hit UFO image was polystyrene, says forger.”
- Dunning, Brian. “The Belgian UFO Wave.”
- Wilfried de Brouwer at the National Press Club, Washington, in 2011
- UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record by Leslie Kean
BECOME AN X SUBSCRIBER AND GET EVEN MORE GREAT PODCASTS AND MONTHLY SPECIALS FROM MICAH HANKS.
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Visit Micah’s Website and check out Our Podcast Page
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.by